Lukas Swart has extensive international experience in business development, having spent 17 years (2001 – 2017) in Europe working mainly within the financial sector. During 2011 and 2017 Lukas consulted for a German company to manage their business development throughout Europe, Turkey, and The Balkans. From 2014, Lukas and his team began to expand their operations by also concentrating on the African continent.
Consulting in his capacity as Business Development Manager included identifying suitable businesses for mergers or takeovers and presenting feasibility studies with recommendations to the Board of Directors for approval. New companies were also frequently set up to which Lukas often acted as Director because of his European citizenship.
Having gained valuable international experience, Lukas has frequently operated in the following countries:
- Ireland – Investment Projects
- UK – Medical Distribution
- Germany – Global Head Office
- Belgium – Supplier Liaison
- Poland – New Ventures, Medical Warehousing
- Macedonia – Various Business Ventures
- Serbia – Various Business Ventures
- Kosovo – New Ventures, Medical Distribution
- Croatia – Business Takeover, Medical Distribution
- Georgia – Dispute Resolutions
- Turkey, Istanbul and Ankara – Medical Distribution
Within Africa, new distribution businesses have been established in:
Nigeria (existing), Ghana (new), Mozambique (new), Zimbabwe (new), South Africa (buy-out of existing medical distribution company and takeover of medical manufacturing plant).
Lukas Swart is a registered member of the South African Institute of Professional Accountants (SAIPA) and is licenced in terms of s138 of the Companies Act, 2008, to serve as a Business Rescue Practitioner. Lukas is also a registered member of the Turnaround Management Association of South Africa (TMA).